Options for making an Excel timeline Microsoft Excel has a Scatter chart that can be formatted to create a timeline. If you need to create and update a timeline for recurring communications to clients and executives, it will be simpler and faster to create a PowerPoint timeline. On this page you can see both ways. I will give you step-by-step instructions for making a timeline in Excel by formatting a Scatter chart. I will also show you how to instantly create an executive timeline in PowerPoint by pasting from Excel. Which tutorial would you like to see?
I'm looking for a free or cheap product to create a timeline from an upload of an excel file, simple data (year and description). Any thoughts?
• List out the key events, important decision points or critical deliverables of your project. These will be called Milestones and they will be used to create a timeline. • In Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 create a table out of these Milestones and next to each milestone add the due date of that particular milestone. • To create a timeline in Excel, you will also need to add another column to your table that includes some plotting numbers. Add the new column next to your milestone description column and list out a repetitive sequence of numbers such as 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, 10, 15, 20 ect. See my example below. Excel will use these plotting points to vary the height of each milestone when plotting them on your timeline template.
• For this demonstration I will format the table in the image below into a Scatter chart and then into an Excel timeline. Then I will use it again to make a timeline in PowerPoint.
• Right-click the blank white chart and click Select Data to bring up Excel's Select Data Source window. • On the left side of Excel's Data Source window you will see a table named Legend Entries (Series). Click on the Add button to bring up the Edit Series window. Here you add the dates that will make your timeline. • We will enter the dates into the field named Series X values. Click in the Series X values window on the tiny spreadsheet. Then select your range by clicking the first date of your timeline (mine is 5/10/2016) and dragging down to the last date (mine is 1/30/2017).
• Staying in the Edit Series window move down to Series Y value. This is where you will enter the plotting numbers you added to your table. Click in the Series Y value window and remove the value that Excel places in the field by default. Then select your range by clicking on the first plotting number of your timeline (mine is 1) and then dragging down to the last plotting number of your timeline (mine is 4). • Now, both Series X and Series Y values should be populated as in the image below. • Click OK and then click OK again to create a scatter chart.
• Click on your chart to bring up a set of controls which will be presented to the upper right of your timeline's chart. Click on the Plus button (+) to open the Chart Elements menu. • In the timeline's Chart Elements control box, uncheck Gridlines and Chart Title. • Staying in the Charts Elements control box, hover your mouse over the word Axes (but don't uncheck it) to get an expansion arrow just to the right. Click on the expansion arrow to get additional axis options for your chart. Here you should uncheck Primary Vertical but leave Primary Horizontal checked.
Mac hard drive reinstall searching for disks 2017 help free. Choose Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X) from the Utilities window. Click Continue, then follow the onscreen instructions to choose your disk and begin installation. If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac. When the Mac has completed its startup, you should see a window similar this one: Click on Disk Utility and then click the Continue button. Click on your Mac’s internal hard drive. It’ll be listed in the left-hand side of the Disk Utility window. Typically the hard drive is named Macintosh HD but yours could have a different name. Now quit Disk Utility and click reinstall OS X at the top and wait for it to finish and restart. This will put you on the OS X version that came from the factory. You can update to El Capitan after if you like. Boot to Internet recovery and format your new external drive to Mac OS Extended in Disk Utility. Then select the external like in my screenshot and click the Restore button. Then in the dropdown select then internal drive and click restore. That will essentially clone the internal to the external drive.
• Staying in the Charts Elements control box just a little longer, add Data Labels and Error Bars. • Your timeline chart should now look something like this. • To make a timeline in Excel, we will need to format the Scatter chart by adding connectors from your milestone points. Right-click on any one of the dates at the bottom of your timeline and select Format Axis to bring up Excel's Format Axis menu.
• Drop down the arrow next to the title Axis Options, and select Series 1 X Error Bars. • Under the Error Bar Options menu, click on the paint can icon to reveal the Fill & Line controls. Select No line, which will remove the horizontal lines around each of the plotted milestones on your timeline. • In a similar process, we will also adjust your timeline's Y axis. Again from the timeline, right-click on any one of your timeline's dates at the bottom of the chart and select Format Axis.
- четверг 29 ноября